Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cross post to what inspired me to start this blog.

I see the preaching going on on campus this week and it saddens my heart, a couple times today my eyes were just filled with tears.

I long for something more.

I saw somebody I know a little bit take a stand...something I have wanted to do for a couple of years now...

This person took a stand for love, peace, and what I view as an accurate depiction of Christ's love in an evangelistic setting.

Thank you.

Because you were willing to let God work through you I have given into my desire for something more.

I desire to have courage like what I saw today, I desire to not keep my mouth shut even though I know the people I'm with might not like what I have to say.

I believe Christ was radical, and what we need is the church to be radical. I am utterly disappointed at the reaction that this preacher would have for some of the people he talked to today.

"He is mocking them!" I said, "That is not Christ's love, Christ never did that!"

Somebody next to me said, "Yes He did!"

NO HE DIDN'T!

I feel like the gospel has been hijacked by people who feel the need to save as many people as fast as possible. The problem here is that people do not save people, God does.

So from here on out, I am going to take a stand when I feel His call, and I am not going to sit idly back when I fear persecution.

Call me a liberal, call me a nut-job, say I don't believe in truth, say I am sugar coating the gospel. Say what you will because above all things I believe in, I believe in the love of Christ transcending all. For it is by that love that we are set free, it is by that love I can live, and it is that love that gives me the hope I have in my heart.

1 Peter 3:15-16

15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Mr. Preacher, you have the hope of Christ in your heart, I see it. But when the people in the audience are asking you to explain it, you are not doing it with gentleness and respect.

I am going to start a blog to document this stage in my life, I am going to put my random musings on things people say, stuff that happens to me, and just thoughts about spiritual things that happen in my life (bloggish eh?) but also I am going to put devotionals, messages, perhaps videos, and other philiophical/theological content that I feel is along the lines of being a radical follower of Christ.

No comments: